Why join us?
West Essex Graphics manages the graphics and labeling process for some of America’s best known brands. With innovative graphic solutions that help brand owners move seamlessly and efficiently from concept to shelf, we’re about providing the ultimate customer experience to our clients.
Food Regulatory/ Quality Control SpecialistWest Essex Graphics manages the graphics and labeling process for some of America’s best known brands. In anticipation of the upcoming changes to labeling legislation and, to meet the increased demand for services from our clients, WEG has an opening for a Regulatory and QC specialist.
- Have experience managing the regulatory process for a company in the Food sector.
- Understand and can execute labeling programs that comply with current and proposed USDA and FDA government regulations
- Provide guidance to our customers on the appropriate course of action to achieve compliance
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Present technical information clearly so that it is understandable by non-technical clients and co-workers
- Bachelor Degree in a Science Related Field (Food Nutrition, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years related to Food Regulatory Compliance experience.
- High level of knowledge around U.S. Food Labeling Laws (food additives, nutrition, standards of identity)
- Solid understanding of food regulation databases
- Excellent analytical, research and communication skills
- Great problem solver and able to function independently
- Develop and maintain accurate food labeling information for finished products in compliance with FDA and USDA regulations.
- Ensure that all on label claims are substantiated and that certifications and allergens are properly documented.
- Provide regulatory guidance and address issues/questions involving existing, new and reformulated products.
- Effectively communicate regulatory reasoning and make appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct ingredient and recipe regulatory reviews.
- Have a portfolio of great consumer packaging design work
- Can lead and collaborate with our clients through the design process while working as an integral part of the WEG team
- Know how to support your work with insights about our Client’s products & services and how to differentiate them in the competitive world of Consumer Goods packaging
- While Design is your passion, you understand that this is a business and can work within a commercial framework
- You’ve had success in a Studio or Agency market and your career path shows the progress that landed you in your current Director’s role
- Having a deep understanding of consumer packaging, retail and private label trends is key
- Are proficient in all Design applications
- Can prioritize work and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work with Client to set clear design strategies & objectives and then deliver against those goals
- Oversee the efforts of production artists, photographers and illustrators when applicable
- Present creative recommendations to clients
- Maintain senior level relationships with clients
- For you, it’s all about the details.
- You want an opportunity that’s rewarding and recognize that it won’t always be easy.
- You know how to work as part of a team that includes key members of our client (Regulatory, Packaging Engineering, Design, Procurement) and key stakeholders at WEG
- You’re a self-starter - able to work with minimal direction and capable of handling multiple project assignments under very tight deadlines. Pressure doesn’t scare you.
- You’re proficient with MS Office applications
- You’ve got Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You’ll coordinate the production of consumer packaging graphics from concept development through to the release of final material; ensuring that all design elements are in place and work to identify and acquire any components necessary to complete the project.
- You can work with our clients to establish project budgets and secure project information.
- You’ll help our clients figure out ways to save time and money. Identify any cost or time saving initiatives
- You can establish and maintain vendor relations.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organization and grow your skill set. You have an open mind and adapt to change as the business environment evolves.
- You’ve got high standards for both yourself and your teammates.
- Communication comes easy - there’s no need to read between the lines with you.
- You can set objectives and performance goals that are measureable, attainable, relevant to the business development process.
- You foster teamwork.
- You know how to identify prospective clients through market analysis and have a strong understanding of the packaging industry and its challenges and opportunities.
- You know how to transition a client relationship from a prospect to an account.
- You understand how to set revenue targets and how to meet or exceed them.
- Develop and maintain a prospective pipeline, forecast revenue and regularly update activity in Salesforce.com.
- Get meetings with targeted prospective clients and internal teams to make sure our products/services align with a prospects needs.
- Creates strong relationships with your teammates at WEG
- Using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), report back to clients on how we’re performing on projects and in the relationship. scope, budget, timeline, quality, etc.
- You find yourself looking at packaging in a store and paying more attention to how the packaging got produced than what they’re selling.
- Color matters to you – a lot.
- Even though you’re a technician at heart, you know that we’re in a people business and you’re comfortable working with clients and the WEG staff to help achieve their goals.
- You know your way around Adobe CS Suite: (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) with the ability to create production art files for packaging projects.
- Prepress experience in a packaging environment is strongly preferred.
- You have knowledge of the packaging printing processes - especially flexography and the substrates used.
- You’ll review job ticket instructions to determine requirements of job production.
- You know how to Q/C all work performed following the department SOP’s. Check, sign-off, and date checklists.
- You can keep everyone in the loop; updating the Account Coordinators regarding job status and clearly communicating any information required to complete the job.
- Knowledge of flexographic printing processes as it pertains to preflight practices specifically for the flexo environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understand the aesthetic and technical challenges that are part of every print job and know how to overcome them
- Have worked in a fast-paced production environment and are comfortable dealing with tight deadlines for multiple clients /projects
- Are up to speed on all industry trends and can work to integrate emerging technologies into our portfolio of services with ease
- You have a solid understanding of packaging printing processes and production; including offset, flexo and digital
- You can identify the right printer for the right project and have strong relationships within the industry
- An understanding of retail and private label is preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Great communicator
- Work with Account Manager and client to schedule and manage print projects
- Determine and manage optimal inventory levels of printer materials for a range of clients
- Negotiate with vendors to deliver cost effective print solutions to our clients
- Communicate to all stakeholders on project status and costs